Gateway of Forney has proudly served Texas families for years, providing a safe place to call home, lush landscaping, and the type of community that lasts a lifetime. Our beautiful homes are the perfect place to spend the holiday season indulging in great food, playing beloved card games, and making family memories. Of course, if the kids are out of school, you’re probably itching for a chance to get out of the house. And no holiday season would be complete without a few special outings. Here are our picks for the best holiday activities in Forney and beyond.
The jolly old elf is everywhere in Forney this holiday season. The best spots to see him and his merry helpers include:
- Santa’s Workshop Experience, which features crafts, games, snacks galore, and a chance to meet Santa’s elves in person.
- Breakfast With Santa, which features a free Christmas bag, excellent breakfast fare, and a chance to tell Santa all your holiday wishes.
- Meet Santa and his elves at Mesquite Christmas Family Fest, where you can enjoy hot cocoa, a raffle, and tons of games.
- Enjoy free photos with Santa at Dominion of Pleasant Valley.
Chanukah comes relatively late this year. Check out these great events:
- Chabad of Frisco’s Fifth Annual Community Chanukah Celebration boasts a festive atmosphere and a menorah lighting.
- Chabad of Dallas Public Menorah Lighting is a classic celebration of Chanukah traditions.
These special events can help you make lasting holiday memories no matter what your family enjoys doing:
- Skate the day away at Forney’s third annual Forney on Ice.
- Put on your holiday best for the Cold and Classy celebration at the African American Museum.
- Embrace your crafty side at the Eucalyptus Yuletide garland-making class.
- You don’t have to be a grinch to meet one. Meet the infamous Christmas Grinch in person.
No Forney holiday would be complete without a bright, cheery light display. Here are some of our favorites:
- Head to the Windmill Farms Christmas House, which boasts more than 100,000 lights on a single home.
- For a stunning professional lakeside light display, check out Vitruvian Park in Addison.
- Visit a makeshift holiday village at Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Texas.
- Enjoy Highland Park’s expert light display, as well as a carriage ride through the lights with Brazos Carriage.
Every family has their own traditions. For some, the holiday just isn’t the same without a real tree. Pick out a perfect evergreen at one of these farms:
No matter how you spend your holiday season, Gateway of Forney is the perfect launching pad for new family traditions. Welcome your family to an elegant meal in your stunning home or cook s’mores over a fire pit in the backyard as you sing Christmas carols. And if you’re in the market for the perfect Forney, Texas, home, we have you covered. Check out our available homes here.