Gateway is the premier destination for stunning homes, elegant lawns, and meaningful community in Forney, Texas. Our planned North Texas development is conveniently located just outside of Dallas. That means our residents enjoy quiet suburban living and exceptional schools, but with the convenience of quick access to all the trappings of city life. This New Year’s Eve marks more than just the transition to another year. It’s the end of a decade, and a chance to reflect on all you’ve done over the last 10 years–and all you hope to do in the next decade. So make this one extra special. Here are our picks for the best New Year’s events in Forney, Dallas-Fort Worth, and beyond.
Forney’s New Year’s Eve Ball Drop
You don’t have to travel far from home to enjoy a spectacular celebration of 2020. The City of Forney’s inaugural New Year’s Eve Ball Drop will feature a DJ, food trucks, music, and more. The festivities kick off early, at 6:30 in the evening. So if you have kids and want to turn in early, head down for an hour or two before bedtime.
Want to spend the day with your kids without missing out on some festive celebrations? Here are some exceptional options for the whole family–no need to miss bedtime:
- Check out the kid-friendly New Year’s Eve lock-in at Aim High.
- Celebrate a family-friendly ball drop at 9PM at the Plano Event Center.
- Get an early start on the day with a kid-friendly craft party at Kidcreate Studio Mansfield. You can give your kids something fun to do, then head out on your own later in the day.
- Head to Sci-Tech Discovery Center for all the trappings of a traditional NYE party–except you’ll be counting down to noon.
Dallas-Fort Worth New Year’s Eve Events
If you’re willing to leave Forney for the evening, here are some amazing options for a unique celebration:
- Nineties babies will love Nirvana Event Hall’s 90s throwback party. Enjoy board games, 90s music, a champagne toast, and more.
- Ring in the new year in Bollywood-inspired style with two ballrooms, an amazing DJ, incredible food, and more at the Westin near the airport.
- Zuri Lounge’s Mature and Sexy party offers dancing, drinks, music, and adult style.
- Enjoy the Royal Masquerade Ball for sophisticated music and style.
A Peaceful New Year
If you’re over 2019 already, consider spending some time setting your intentions for 2020. AP Counseling and Yoga is offering a space to do exactly that, in a relaxed and meditative environment. Or stay home and avoid traffic by trying these activities instead:
- Schedule a movie night with the kids, then wake them up to watch the midnight countdown.
- Spend time sharing your best memories of 2019 with your family.
- Embark on a family project to set the right tone for the new year. Try baking something, building something, or sitting around trying to master a new skill.
At Gateway of Forney, Texas, home is always the perfect landing spot after a festive night out. We’d love to welcome you to our community, or help you upgrade your current home. Click here for a list of available homes.